Singapore is rich in interesting tours that will make all the stress of the planning worth it as it takes visitors through the city in the most unconventional and fun ways.
When traveling abroad, I always make it a point hittng two birds at the same time – a layover. It is a stop and transfer from one airplane to another as I choose a 10 – 12 hours connecting time and from there, I can go out to that country and explore the city.
One example is Singapore. as I’m doing it several times.
Still, exploring an unfamiliar city can be a very unforgettable experience.
Some of those travel experiences via roadtrips thru streets are:
- Vespa sidecar tour, Sideways SG. This tour gives tourists an up-close experience of the sights and sounds of Singapore as they sit in elegantly-designed sidecars that are passionately restored by hand in keeping with the look of the classic Italian scooter. Avail of different tour packages to see Singapore forwards, backwards, sideways and through a whole different perspective as trusty tour guides share the country’s fun facts and history. These classy sidecars against a Christmas-lit city will make for a picture-perfect moment to add to your Instagram feed.
- Trishaw Uncle. Before buses, trains and cars, trishaws—bicycles with sidecars attached to them—were the main mode of transportation in the country. And with the local tradition of calling elders “auntie” and “uncles”, the term Trishaw Uncle was coined to pay homage to the tireless trishaw riders. Take a Trishaw Uncle tour to hear nostalgic stories as well as holiday traditions from the Trishaw Uncle riders as you navigate through busy streets and colorful cultural zones.
- Chinatown. The only Chinatown in the world where Hindu temples and mosques sit next to Chinese temples, explore Kampong Glam’s rich history and trendy shops, or discover the bustling markets of Little India.
- Segway tours. Take on a thrilling fun-filled expedition and maneuver around Sentosa and Marina Bay’s most spectacular yuletide attractions. Once there, you’ll find plenty of sights and activities to get you in the holiday spirit.
- Just around the Marina Bay area is Gardens by the Bay, where visitors can find the dazzling Christmas Wonderland.
- A Universal Christmas at Universal Studios Singapore.
- DUCK tours’ cool amphibian vehicles. Travel both land and water with remodeled military crafts by spending the day exploring the beautiful Lion City by land, then dipping into the waters of the Marina Bay just in time to catch the Marina Bay Countdown. End the year with a bang, and witness a brilliant fireworks display from the comfort of the DUCK tours’ cute boats.
- The Makan bus. Hop-on and hop-off tour bus but this ride that would take foodies on an amazing gastronomic journey. “Makan” is the Malay word for ‘eat’ so it’s no surprise that this tour will take you straight into the heart of Singaporean cuisine. Indulge and feast this festive season at the Makan bus’ different food stops that are sure to ignite your passion for food.
- HiPPO Christmas Light-up Tour. Witness a panoramic view of Orchard Road’s Christmas paradise on the open top-deck of the HiPPO buses.
Visitors can stop over and enjoy Christmas on A Great Street, the annual much anticipated event with stunning light displays and exciting activities along the world famous shopping belt.
Definitely, if i will be going back to Singapore, will not choose a layover.
Two to three days just to get a feel of those meaningul roadtrips along their streets, something for every kind of traveller to look for.
To those of you who are visting this holiday season, this may be the perfect time to satisfy that wanderlust.
For more information, visit www.stb.gov.sg or www.visitsingapore.com
Follow them on Twitter @STB_sg (https://twitter.com/stb_sg).